Ep. 036 - Zach Hummer: Raising a Kid with Special Needs
Ryan and Zach are alone again today, and all the normal non-sense takes place. The boys discuss their schedules, sex trafficking, and Zach is interviewed about how he has done ministry while raising a child with special needs.
0:00 to 10:29
- Zach Hummer opens the show and fails to properly roast Ryan Baker
- Talking about the church crazy train, also known as VBS
- Church renovations
Trending: Sex Trafficking
10:30 to 19:52
- Nearly 240 child predators arrested during police raid
- Helping parents with internet safety for teens
- Monitor space and time (lead by example)
- As a parent, research and learn technology
- Monitoring your kids usage is not the same as reading a diary
Links mentioned in this segment:
Main Segment: Raising a Kid with Special Needs
19:52 to 46:09
- Zach’s daughter was born with cystic fibrosis: a genetic disease that has to do with the way the body process sodium, causing loss of lung function.
- When you get this kind of news, where do you go spiritually?
- Husband and wife turned teammates
- Finding your new normal when caring for your child
- Without support, failure can happen
46:10 to 48:32
- Episode wrap up – Zach, thank you for sharing!
- Social media: @notarealpastor