Zach & Ryan are joined by Chad & Zac from the After9 Youth Ministry podcast! The mega-sode! What a fun time of laughs, insight, and practical ideas. We hope you enjoy this one, and get start getting involved in your town or city!
0:00 to 15:40
- Ryan & Zach are joined by Chad & Zac from the After9 Youth Min podcast!
- “We are the greatest intern you’ll ever have. And one you can afford.”
- 5 minutes in and Zach calls our guests losers. This is why people don’t like us.
- Ryan stripping in the pulpit?
- Zach’s new Senior Pastor started this week.
15:41 to 21:20
- People call her crazy for loving middle school ministry, but it’s the best hour & a half of her week.
- Youth ministry is a bunch of jobs, all crammed into one, and it’s an adventure.
- God led her straight to her calling, no option.
- Ryan was Jocelyn’s youth pastor.
- A gentleman jumps through a McDonalds drive thru window to save a woman’s life.
- Chuck Berry’s passing and his music in space.
- The more time you spend online, the more you feel lonely as an adult.
Main Segment: Becoming a Part of Your Local Community
35:50 to 1:03:46
- Find where communities of young people exist outside of the church.
- Partner with different organizations within your town, you can get plenty of ministry opportunities.
- Get creative! Ex. Youth ministry investing in a local football team.
- The largest youth group they’ve led showed up simply because there were donuts.
- Reach out to town officials.
- Work in healthy ways, not the easy ways.
- Keep up with the guys at youthministrybooster.com